05 March 2018

Lao Blah



   In India we call it Delhi Belly in Myanmar- Burma Belly. Not sure what they call it here, so I'll call it Lao Blah
   I had every intention of writing a post about the amazing food here and then I ended up with a case of belly upset so I haven't had much appetite or desire to think about food. Thank goodness for the French influence and availability of a good baguette and croissant so I can put mild white bready things in my belly (and the fruit smoothies...)
   Instead I'll just post a few random photos. I work the next couple of days but hope to be well over the weekend so I can catch up on eating and blogging.


Downtown Luang Prabang. We're getting into the hot season so things are quieting down.
Mike getting his meditation on.

Cribbage at our favorite riverside spot

One of many Wats (Buddhist Temples)

Our guesthouse

Mike waiting for his food at the place where I ate the sketchy food that gave me the blahs

Kids playing on the Nam Khan- this makes me really nervous since I work at the Children's Hospital.

A different Wat

Common sight- thousands of monks in this town.

Mike being very un-monkish and enjoying a complimentary cocktail at one of our favorite places.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving Laos

We've been a bit lackadaisical about the blog. For me it was a challenge to find the energy in between shifts at the hospital. As for M...